Saturday, December 3, 2011

For thanksgiving I decided to try making a turkey in my new solar oven.  I also have added a herb garden and started growing sprouts in trays for salads.  Have thriving oregano, thyme, parsley, mint, basil, alfalfa, mung bean and broccoli to add fresh vitamin c.  The turkey was stuffed with handfuls of fresh herbs and garlic and roasted for about 6 hours in sunlight.  Came out delicious.

I have greatly expanded my alternative energy system to almost 500 watts of solar and a wind generator.  Might add a second wind generator have it but have not installed it yet.  Also have about 600 amp hours in the battery bank.  Its extremely satisfying that the sun cools the drinks, roasts the food and runs all my electronics.  Will add photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment